Androidjava -> android
Androidtm is Google's open operating system for small mobile devices such as cell phones. It allows anyone to develop applications for the Android system, and there are convenient and free tools, including an "android virtual device" to create programs and - if they are worthwhile - upload them to the Android marketplace.
Here you'll find a tutorial for creating your own Android programs, suitable for self-study. This is a work in progress so check back frequently.
- Part 1: Setup
- Part 2: Simple Programming
- Part 3: Creating Applications
- Part 4: Advanced UI Elements
- Advanced Lists with multi-line items
- GridView with icons and caption text
- Tabbed Activities
- Expandable Lists
- Part 5: Parsing XML
- Principles of XML
- A generally useful XML parser
- Loading data in a separate Thread
- Part 6: Creating Games and Custom Animations
more to come all the time ...
Start with http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/fundamentals.html and work your way through the sections. There are also a number of tutorials that illustrate various features of Android:
You can also find many tips for accomplishing specific tasks via simple Google searches.